Low carb and Keto Noodles
Noodles are so many people’s favorites and are mine too. I think the difficult part about being on a keto diet is finding substitutes for foods you love that bring satisfaction to your appetite.
It’s also important to note that substitutes don’t have to taste exactly the same as the originals, because, at the end of the day, you are trying to make a whole recipe without any carbs or sugars to imitate the original recipe which is almost based entirely on carbs. The goal is to make the food that you enjoy and love while still going strong in your keto diet.
I originally found the idea of this recipe online and I tried it, and I figured that it could use a little more and less of some ingredients, and I tailored the recipe to my liking, and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did.
- 2 tbsp Beef Gelatin powder
- 1 ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup Water
- Thyme or Basil
- Prepare your parchment sheet on a tray on the side
- Add your water to a pot (no heat yet), make sure that the water is not warm or cold during this step.
- Gradually add your gelatin powder and stir until each scoop makes a nice consistency in the water (this will be a total of 2 tablespoons).
- Now bring your pot over heat and add your mozzarella cheese and stir as you go.
- Constantly stir the cheese as it melts until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- As you add the cheese, you can also add your basil or thyme if you want. I did this recipe a few times, once with and once without the thyme, and it turned it even better with the thyme and had an even stronger flavor
- Now quickly transfer your mixture over the parchment sheet and even out well until it becomes really thin that you can almost see the tray under.
- Make sure you’re going quickly enough in this step before the gelatin mixture dries.
- You are going to leave this for around an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. It is also better to keep it into the refrigerator then you will start cutting thin noodle slices with your pizza cutter, and that’s it!
When you serve your noodles, you can add some sauce on top, I added some cold salsa with it and it turned out great! You can also do some cold Alfredo sauce make sure it’s NOT hot…
Make sure that when you are adding any toppings or sauce on your noodles, they are not hot, because that would melt your noodles…
Try it and play with the flavors, and let me know…enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
Amazing and easy low carb keto pancake
How to make cheese low carb keto crackers