Keto lunch ideas
Chicken roast with cauliflower rice
Todayʼs recipe is a simple one that can easily be the highlight of any dinner table, whether Keto-inspired or not, an oven roasted chicken. You can customize it with your favorite seasonings, vegetables, and side dishes! It is super tender and delicious that it can last a couple more days in the fridge, and you can then use it for making a quick lunch salad, a chicken casserole, and much more!
Roasted Chicken – Keto Lunch Ideas
- 1 Chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 5-7 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 Bell Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Onion size based on preference
- 1 Garlic Knob
- Cauliflower sliced up into tiny rice pieces
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Oregano or Italian Spices
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Broccoli
- First, wash the chicken really well with salt, pepper, lemons, and vinegar, and rinse a multiple times. Itʼs preferable if the chicken is fresh!
- Get your pan and even butter your pan all around to have it ready for all the veggies and the chicken.
- Now begin cutting your vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, an onion, and bell peppers).
- You can use more or less of these veggies, the amount is up to you and the servings, and you can also add some of your favorite vegetables to make the dish even closer to your liking and appetite.
- Toss your sliced up vegetables in the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper, then mix them all together until they are all coated in butter. Then create some space in the center of the pan, and grab your garlic head, and cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the top of the cloves, to expose every clove, then place it in the center of the pan.
- Letʼs prepare the chicken itself. Grab 4-5 tbsp of butter in a small bowl and add some thyme and mix the butter and thyme really well together with a fork. Then grab this butter and thyme mix and begin placing it under the skin of the chicken then spread it all around the chicken.
- When done with this step, you can also stuff the inside of the chicken with some of the vegetables.
- Then place the chicken in the center of the pan on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the chicken and the vegetables with another pinch of pepper and salt, then put in the oven under 400F° for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and depending on the size of the chicken, it may take less or more minutes, so keep an eye on the chicken in the oven as it cooks. After the the hour and thirty minutes, take out the chicken and let it sit aside for 5-10 minutes, then begin cutting it to serve!
- As the chicken cooks, letʼs prepare the side dish, the cauliflower rice. Begin by cutting up your cauliflower into really small rice-like pieces (or you can also buy pre-cut cauliflower rice) then add them to a cooking pan with a piece of butter, garlic power, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper powder, sliced bell pepper pieces, and tbsp of water. Gradually bring up the heat as you keep mixing the cauliflower rice for 12-17 minutes. Then right before the cauliflower rice is fully cooked add some pieces of broccoli to give an extra rich taste to your side dish, then mix again then take off the heat. When ready to serve, add a sprinkle of sliced parsley, and serve it next to a slice of the roasted chicken and veggies, enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
Keto dessert – how to make keto ladyfingers
How to make low carb keto bread with vital wheat gluten